The Skeena Valley Farmers Market has been in operation since 1982, with real growth happening in the last decade. The wares of the 70+ vendors aptly reflect the products of the fertile Skeena Valley—Terrace is the furthest point north in BC where fruit trees can be grown. Everything at this market is home-grown, homemade, and home-baked. Coming here on a Saturday morning is the perfect way to kick off the weekend!
Open from May 1 to October 31
Saturdays from 9:00 am–1:00 pm (no early admittance)
Our Farmers Market Products:
- fresh veggies
- ethnic foods from local multicultural residents
- canned foods
- and much more
Regular vendors include organic farmers, greenhouse growers, and other purveyors of locally grown food and plants. The artisans make very distinctive products, and local musicians and buskers provide entertainment (when it’s COVID-safe to do so). There are often community tables for fundraising or community information, kids' activities, and much more!
The Farmers Market is comfortable and welcoming to seniors, and a few of the vendors are seniors themselves. Interestingly, many market vendors have moved on from here to start their own successful businesses.
COVID-19 Safety at the Farmers Market
- Before you come: Masks are mandatory. Please do your best to physically distance yourself from others at all times.
- When you enter: The market area has been roped off and there is a single entrance and exit, located on Park street. The entrance is manned by volunteers, who will be gathering contact tracing information, doling out hand sanitizer, and limiting the number of people who enter the market at a time.
- Moving through the market: Just like last year, traffic will be one-way, as directed by the chalk arrows on the ground.
- Getting food: After visiting the food court area, please take your food and leave the market area.
- Always: Be kind, be calm, be safe!
Christmas Craft Sale
The Christmas Craft Sale in November is always a big draw, featuring many regular market wares along with lots of Christmassy selections (baking, crafts, etc.). When safe to do so, this sale takes place indoors at the Terrace Sportsplex.
Follow the Skeena Valley Farmers Market on Facebook: SkeenaValleyFarmersMarket