The City of Terrace is anticipating adopting a Development Cost Charges (DCC) bylaw in late 2021 that would come into effect and apply to all building permit and subdivision applications after January 1, 2022. The DCC Bylaw received first readings at Council on May 25, 2021.
The City could use DCCs for a variety of upgrades, and several proposed projects have been identified, including northwest Bench parkland acquisition and development, a new Halliwell reservoir, sanitary sewer capacity enhancements, and more. There are a variety of parameters for assessing what portions of a project apply to this program and how much money the City must contribute through other funding sources.
- May 25, 2021 - Regular Council Meeting: Council considered 1st, 2nd, and 3rd reading of Development Cost Charges Bylaw (see documents in "Relevant Documents" section below)
- March 30, 2021 - Committee of the Whole: Review of draft Development Cost Charges Bylaw
- December 10, 2020 - Committee of the Whole: Review of draft Development Cost Charges Bylaw
- November 9, 2020 - City Seeks Feedback on Development Cost Charges Bylaw
- October 21, 2020 - Committee of the Whole: Update on Development Cost Charges Bylaw
- Development Cost Charges DRAFT Bylaw (May 2021)
- May 25, 2021 Council Report
- May 2021 Urban Systems Report
- FAQ - Development Cost Charges (October 2021)
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Jack Cherniawsky, Planner 1