Development Cost Charges Bylaw
The City of Terrace adopted a Development Cost Charges (DCC) bylaw on December 13, 2021, that applies to all building permit and subdivision applications.
The City will use DCCs for a variety of upgrades, including northwest Bench parkland acquisition and development, a new Halliwell reservoir, sanitary sewer capacity enhancements, and more. There are a variety of parameters for assessing what portions of a project apply to this program and how much money the City must contribute through other funding sources.
- December 13, 2021 - DCC Bylaw adopted
- May 25, 2021 - Regular Council Meeting: Council considered 1st, 2nd, and 3rd reading of Development Cost Charges Bylaw (see documents in "Relevant Documents" section below)
- March 30, 2021 - Committee of the Whole: Review of draft Development Cost Charges Bylaw
- December 10, 2020 - Committee of the Whole: Review of draft Development Cost Charges Bylaw
- November 9, 2020 - City Seeks Feedback on Development Cost Charges Bylaw
- October 21, 2020 - Committee of the Whole: Update on Development Cost Charges Bylaw
- December 2021 Urban Systems Final Report
- Development Cost Charges FINAL Bylaw (Dec 2021)
- Development Cost Charges DRAFT Bylaw (May 2021)
- May 25, 2021 Council Report
- May 2021 Urban Systems Draft Report
- FAQ - Development Cost Charges (October 2021)
FOR MORE INFORMATION