The Building Inspection Department handles all applications for building and plumbing permits, sign permits, moving permits, or demolition permits.
Digital Submission – CloudPermit
We are now accepting digital copies of building permit applications through Cloudpermit. Register and log in to get started.
Paper Submission – Download PDFs
We are still currently accepting paper copies. Please download the PDFs below.
New single family dwelling additional information and attachments
- 0. New Dwelling Application Full Package
- 1. New Dwelling Application Package
- 2. Plan Reviews
- 3. Drawings Checklist
- 4. Owner Building Permit Guidelines
- 5. Building Permit Application
- 6. Homeowner Protection Office
- 7. Owners Undertaking (foundation)
- 8. Address Request Form
- 9. Request for Locates
- 10. Application for Service Info Sheet
- 11. Application for Service
- 12. Water On Off
- 13. Guideline For Driveway
- 14. Application for Permission to Construct - New Dwelling Driveway Access
- 15. Driveway Access Drawing
- 16. Noise Control Bylaw 2100-2016
The Business Licencing Department handles all business licence inquiries and processes applications for business licences as they are submitted.
Development Cost Charges Bylaw
The City of Terrace is considering implementing a development cost charges (DCC) bylaw. Regulated through the Local Government Act, DCCs are fees collected from developers to help fund the cost of growth-related infrastructure and parks. A DCC bylaw will be presented to Council in 2021, and if adopted, is expected to be in effect January 1, 2022. Click here to view a helpful FAQ + find contact info.