Ferry Island Campground is a municipal campground composed of 103 campsites and conveniently located 3.5 km from downtown Terrace. This campground is surrounded by a 150-acre park that includes trails, a children's playground, and unique tree carvings!
Visitors to the Ferry Island pond are asked to respect the fragility of the creatures that are living there. Please do not handle or remove any of our resident tadpoles, frogs, or snakes.
Location - 4301 Highway 16 West
Current Campground Status
The Ferry Island campground will be open to residents of British Columbia as of June 1, 2020. We are following the lead of BC Parks, with the goal of minimizing non-essential travel, as per the guidelines of our trusted health authorities in the provincial government.
Here are some important things you need to know if you want to camp:
- The person reserving the site must be planning to camp—reserving sites for others will not be permitted.
- Identification will be required on arrival. Anyone showing up without identification or who does not live in BC will not be allowed to camp.
- Registration will take place outdoors by debit or cash only.
Permitted Site Users:
- Campers may be in self-contained units (trailers, motor homes, etc) or tents.
- Only one self-contained unit or tent will be allowed per site.
- The washrooms will be open for campers only; however, showers will remain closed. Outhouses remain open for walkers.
- Guests must maintain the two-metre physical distancing from any other guests who are not in the same household.
For the safety of all guests, the campground operator will be wearing gloves and wiping the debit machine after use. Hand sanitizer will be available. In addition, we will be regularly disinfecting the washrooms, water taps, garbage can lids, and the outhouses that remain open for walkers. After campers check out, the operator will wipe down picnic tables to get ready for the next guests.
Thanks for your co-operation and understanding. If we all continue to do our part to minimize unnecessary travel, stay home if we’re sick, and maintain physical distancing with those whom we don’t live with, we will hopefully reach a point soon when we can open up the campground for all visitors!
Make a Reservation
Reservations require 1 night advance payment with the understanding that failure to show on night 1 will mean campsite can be reassigned by 2 pm the following day if no contact with the Caretaker to confirm arrangements.
Long weekend reservations require advance payment in full.
Please note there are no refunds.
Caretaker - Shanon Young
- Email - email@example.com
- Phone - 250-631-2716
Dogs at Ferry Island
Did someone say “walk”? While we love having dogs visit Ferry Island and get the chance to walk off-leash, please be aware that dogs may only be off-leash south of the Hydro line. Dogs must be on-leash in the campground and play area. Enforcement is in effect for the safety of all park users, as well as staff doing maintenance work in these areas. See the trails map for details on off-leash areas (shown with diagonal lines).
Remember to clean up after your pet (also an enforceable offence) and maintain physical distancing while exploring Ferry Island.
Thanks for your cooperation!
Maps and More