Explore Volunteer Opportunities Offered Through the City of Terrace
From time to time, the City of Terrace offers volunteer opportunities for the public. Browse the current opportunities below to learn more about what's available.
Terrace Fire Department: Call for Volunteer Department Photographer
The Terrace Fire Department is committed to not only protecting our community but also engaging with it. We recognize the role that visual storytelling can play in building stronger community relationships, promoting fire safety, and capturing the critical moments that reflect the courage and dedication of our team.
We are currently seeking a Volunteer Department Photographer who is interested in donating their skills and time to capture high-quality photographs of training exercises, community events, and emergency responses, where permitted and safe to do so.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating a good eye for photography.
- Proficiency in using digital cameras and photo/video editing software.
- Willingness to follow all safety guidelines and protocols.
- Availability for both planned events and emergency calls, where possible.
- Driver’s license and transportation.
- The signing of a confidentiality agreement.
- Capture high-quality photographs that comply with department guidelines.
- Ensure safe practices while photographing active scenes or trainings.
- Collaborate with the fire department to identify key moments that should be captured.
- Opportunity to engage closely with your local community.
- Enhance your portfolio with unique experiences.
- The privilege of highlighting the hard work and dedication that goes into community safety.
- Work closely with a dedicated team of firefighters.
- Training on safety protocols related to emergency response scenes.