Between March 29 at midnight and April 19 at midnight, the Provincial Health Officer (PHO) is strengthening province-wide restrictions. We have made the decision to cancel all noon-hour skating activities during the week (Adult Laps, Parent & Tot, Sticks & Pucks). However, the Public Skate sessions on Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday afternoons will continue as normal. See our COVID-19 page for all updates on the pandemic and its effects on city operations.
Reserve Your Skate
Top 6 things to know:
- You MUST register to enter the facility. Parents/guardians who are watching are taking up a space that could be filled by a skater, so they are required to register and pay for the session. Registration opens 7 days in advance and closes 1 day prior to the session. NO drop-ins are allowed.
- Wearing a mask in the facility is required. Skating and fitness classes are mask-optional activities, but you must wear a mask until you reach the dedicated mask-optional areas. Read more here. In addition, please follow all signage, use provided hand sanitizer, and maintain physical distancing from other patrons whenever possible.
- All skate sessions are $4 each. Sorry, no skate or helmet rentals are available.
- Please enter through the main doors upstairs 10 minutes before the skate session begins. When you’re done, please leave quickly—patrons must be out within 15 minutes of the ending time of the skate session.
- Up to one parent/guardian is allowed in the stands per child on the ice, and they must be registered for the session as if they were skating. No siblings are allowed in the stands unless they are also registered for the skate session. We have a strict 50-person limit in the arena and must account for all attendees.
- Be sure to sit in your designated space in the bleachers to put on and take off your skates, or if you need a break. You will be responsible for wiping down your seat in the bleachers after your session. Cleaning materials will be provided.
In addition, all COVID-19 health and safety protocols are in place to keep you safe. Please do not attend if you and/or your children are feeling unwell. Please be patient and kind to one another when joining us for public skating!
Book by phone: 250-615-3000
Learn How to Create an ActiveNet Account and Book an Activity Online
Click below to learn more about the reopening of our facilities.
Questions? Please contact us at 250-615-3000.