A Message from the Mayor of Terrace
Are you planning to relocate? Have you recently moved to Terrace? On behalf of Terrace City Council, I would like to welcome you to our community. I believe that you’ll find Terrace a beautiful, safe, and pleasant city in which to live, work, and retire.
A vibrant and growing city, Terrace has the largest regional population base in this part of the province and is the service, educational, medical, and transportation hub of the region.
Terrace also boasts year-round recreational opportunities for the whole family to enjoy. The choices are endless: world-class fishing on the Skeena River, hiking trips through the backcountry, cycling along city paths, or mountain biking down steep terrain. Go golfing at the base of a majestic mountain, raft down a raging river, or ski exhilarating slopes or along peaceful Nordic trails. Enjoy the largest northern music festival in spring or 10 days of Riverboat festivities in August. Stop by Heritage Park Museum to partake in a local event or to better understand our history.
While we’re proud of our small-town roots, we also deliver big on amenities including modern retail businesses, restaurants, a thriving arts community that is rich in First Nations culture, as well as the largest farmers market in Northern BC.
With the unsurpassed beauty of the area, together with a vibrant, growing community, living here all comes down to quality of life. Once you make Terrace your new home, you’ll find a welcoming community and discovery in every direction.
Mayor Carol Leclerc, City of Terrace
Watch Now: Terrace - A Place to Belong
Explore an Overview of Community Services and Facilities
Explore more about what makes Terrace a great place to live.
This film follows a single drop of water on its journey throughout the Skeena River, of the Kitimat Range of the Coast Mountains. Drop into the adventure and join a single drop of water on a remarkable journey throughout Northwestern British Columbia’s Kitimat range of the Coast mountains. This 28 minute documentary uses the water cycle to take you on an experience down the Skeena River. Follow a single drop of water as it sojourns in the Kitimat range of the Coast mountains influencing the unique geographies, ecologies and peculiar mammals of this region. Catch a glimpse of the outlandish creatures such as the Mountain Climber, Skier, Snowboarder, Catch and Release Steelhead Fisherman and Kiteboarder as they engage in the most bizarre of behaviors.
Watch: Shames Mountain Winter Sports
Here are just some of the amazing associations Terrace and area has to offer:
- Mount Remo Backcountry Association: http://www.mtremo.ca/
- Skeena Valley Runners Club: http://www.skeenarunners.com/
- Terrace Drag Race Association: https://www.facebook.com/groups/72509965715/
- Terrace Motocross Association: https://www.facebook.com/groups/33664538092/
- Terrace Off Road Cycling Association: www.torca.weebly.com
- Rotary Terrace: http://www.clubrunner.ca/Portal/Home.aspx?cid=774
- Kinsmen: http://www.terracekin.org/
General Practitioner Information: http://www.bcdoctordirectory.ca/terrace
Mills Memorial Hospital
4720 Haugland Avenue, Terrace BC V8G 2W7
Terrace Health Unit
3412 Kalum Street, Terrace, BC V8G 4T2
- Public Schools - http://cmsd.bc.ca/
- Coast Mountain College - https://www.coastmountaincollege.ca/
- University of Northern BC - https://www.unbc.ca/northwest
- Centennial Christian - http://centennialchristian.ca/
- Mountain View Christian Academy - http://mountainviewchristianacademy.net/index.html
- Veritas Catholic School - https://www.veritascatholicschool.ca/
- French Immersion - Ecole Mountain View - http://mountainview.cmsd.bc.ca/
- Francophone School - Jack Cook https://jackcook.csf.bc.ca/