May 10, 2021, Agenda
Monday, May 10, 2021
Regular Council Meeting: 7:30 pm
On the Regular Council Meeting agenda:
- Anna Glass from the Terrace & District Museum Society will be presenting changes made to the Terrace & District Museum Society's mandate. She will be seeking Council's support for the changes;
- CN has requested a letter of support for their proposed combination with Kansas City Southern;
- Council will be reviewing and considering approval of the 2020 Financial Statements;
- Council will be considering the first and second reading of a bylaw to amend the Zoning Bylaw to establish a new Industrial Zone designated as M2A - Heavy Industrial (click here for details);
- Council will be considering re-reading the second reading of a bylaw to amend M1 - Light Industrial to M2A - Heavy Industrial for a portion of 4800 Keith Avenue, M1 - Light Industrial to P2 - Park for a portion of 4800 Keith Avenue, and C3 - Service Commercial to M2A - Heavy Industrial for a portion of 4760 Keith Avenue (click here for details);
- Council will be reviewing a Development Permit application for the property at 4425 Legion Avenue. The applicant, the Royal Canadian Legion Terrace Branch 13, is proposing to build a covered patio addition on the south side of their building, with seating capacity for 25 people;
- Staff are recommending that Council consider approving a number of provisions of Ministerial Order No. M170 which is applicable to the June 5, 2021, City of Terrace by-election;
- Council will be receiving the RCMP's 2021 First Quarter Terrace Detachment Report; and
- Council will consider adoption of the 2021 Tax Rates Bylaw.
How to take part
In accordance with the most recent Provincial Health Officer Order regarding gatherings and public events, the public is currently not permitted to attend Council Meetings, Public Hearings, or Committee of the Whole meetings. However, according to the Guidance for Open Meetings and Electronic Meetings under Current PHO Orders and Ministerial Order 192, local governments are encouraged to hold electronic Council meetings and public hearings. The City of Terrace will be holding our meetings electronically until further notice from the Provincial Health Officer.
Council will continue to meet in a combination of in-person and virtually to limit the number of people in Council Chambers.
How can you participate in upcoming Council meetings, public hearings, and more? In addition to the usual ability to watch for observation only through Facebook or our website, you’ll now be able to join our Microsoft Teams call if you wish to address Council directly about an item on this evening’s agenda, just as if you were there in person. We encourage you to sign in to the meeting about 10 minutes early to ensure you are connected in time (you will need to download the Teams app if you are connecting on a smartphone). You do NOT need a Microsoft account to join as a guest. We have a page explaining how it works, including technical details that go over how to use Microsoft Teams.
We hope you’ll join in!