June 28, 2021, Agenda
Monday, June 28, 2021
Regular Council Meeting: 7:30 pm
On the Regular Council Meeting agenda:
- Councillor Elect Dave Gordon will sign the Oath of Office;
- Public input on the 2020 Annual Report will be considered;
- Council will be reviewing a Development Variance Permit application for the property 4031 Skoglund Avenue. The applicants are proposing to construct an addition to their existing single detached home that would encroach on the minimum front setback;
- Council will be reviewing a Development Variance Permit application for the property 16-4305 Lakelse Avenue. The applicant is requesting the variance in order to construct a roof over a portion of an existing uncovered deck;
- Council will be reviewing a Development Variance Permit application for the property 30-4305 Lakelse Avenue. The applicants are requesting the variance in order to construct a roof over a portion of an existing uncovered deck;
- Council will be reviewing a Temporary Use Permit (TUP) application for the property at 5015 Keith Avenue. The applicant, Progressive Ventures Ltd., applied for the TUP for the north half of the subject property. The application is to permit outdoor storage use on the property without first establishing a primary use on the property;
- Council will be considering options regarding the Memorandum of Understanding between the City of Terrace and Coast Mountain College, which expired on June 22, 2021;
- Council will be discussing the Safer Downtown Committee Terms of Reference, selecting two members of Council to sit on the Committee, and discussing which organizations should be invited to participate on the Committee; and
- Council will consider accepting the 2020 Annual Report.
How to take part
In accordance with the most recent Provincial Health Officer Order regarding gatherings and public events, the public is currently not permitted to attend Council Meetings, Public Hearings, or Committee of the Whole meetings. However, according to the Guidance for Open Meetings and Electronic Meetings under Current PHO Orders and Ministerial Order 192, local governments are encouraged to hold electronic Council meetings and public hearings. The City of Terrace will be holding our meetings electronically until further notice from the Provincial Health Officer.
Council will continue to meet in a combination of in-person and virtually to limit the number of people in Council Chambers.
How can you participate in upcoming Council meetings, public hearings, and more? In addition to the usual ability to watch for observation only through Facebook or our website, you may join our Microsoft Teams call if you wish to address Council directly about an item on this evening’s agenda, just as if you were there in person. We encourage you to sign in to the meeting about 10 minutes early to ensure you are connected in time (you will need to download the Teams app if you are connecting on a smartphone). You do NOT need a Microsoft account to join as a guest. We have a page explaining how it works, including technical details that go over how to use Microsoft Teams.
We hope you’ll join in!