July 12, 2021, Agenda
Monday, July 12, 2021
Public Hearing: 6:45 pm
Regular Council Meeting: 7:30 pm
On the Public Hearing agenda:
- For 3725 Thomas Street, there is a proposal to change the Official Community Plan Development Permit Area from Multi-Family Development Permit Area to Commercial Development Permit Area. This is for a 0.2 ha portion of the property. There is also a proposed change to the zoning for that portion of the property to change it from R3 Low Density Multi-Family Residential to R5 Local Commercial with restaurant and retail store listed as additional specific permitted uses. This property, located at the top of Lanfear Hill, previously came before Council in 2019 for a public hearing regarding OCP and zoning amendments. At that time, Council directed the property owner to do a traffic impact study as there was concern from the neighbourhood regarding the traffic there.
- For 4202 and 4124 Sparks Street, there is a proposal to change the properties in the Official Community Plan by changing the land use designation from Rural Residential to Neighbourhood Residential and Urban Residential and include portions of these properties in the Urban Containment Boundary. There is also a proposal to change the zoning of 4214 Sparks Street from AR2 - Rural to R1 Single Detached Residential.
On the Regular Council Meeting agenda:
- A delegation will present a request for support for an event in George Little Park on August 2. The event will support Indigenous communities and will include dance groups. It will be preceded by a parade from City Hall to the park in the spirit of reconciliation.
- Council will hear the June 2021 building synopsis.
- Council will consider the bylaws from the earlier public hearing (described above).
How to take part
The PHO orders prohibiting the public from attending Council meetings in person have now been lifted. However, we are taking a gradual approach in our return to normal operations since our Council Chambers is quite small. Council is now permitted to attend meetings in person if they are comfortable doing so, but most staff will continue attending through Teams. For the time being, we will also continue to use Microsoft Teams to allow members of the public to take part in our meetings.
How can you participate in upcoming Council meetings, public hearings, and more? In addition to the usual ability to watch for observation only through Facebook or our website, you may join our Microsoft Teams call if you wish to address Council directly about an item on this evening’s agenda, just as if you were there in person. We encourage you to sign in to the meeting about 10 minutes early to ensure you are connected in time (you will need to download the Teams app if you are connecting on a smartphone). You do NOT need a Microsoft account to join as a guest. We have a page explaining how it works, including technical details that go over how to use Microsoft Teams.
We hope you’ll join in!