On Monday, February 8, 2021, there will be a regular Council meeting for the City of Terrace.
In accordance with the most recent Provincial Health Officer Order regarding gatherings and public events, the public is currently not permitted to attend Council Meetings, Public Hearings, or Committee of the Whole meetings. However, according to the Guidance for Open Meetings and Electronic Meetings under Current PHO Orders and Ministerial Order 192, local governments are encouraged to hold electronic Council meetings and public hearings. The City of Terrace will be holding our meetings electronically until further notice from the Provincial Health Officer.
Council will continue to meet in a combination of in-person and virtually to limit the number of people in Council Chambers.
How can you participate in upcoming Council meetings, public hearings, and more? In addition to the usual ability to watch for observation only through Facebook or our website, you’ll now be able to join our Microsoft Teams call if you wish to address Council directly about an item on this evening’s agenda, just as if you were there in person. We encourage you to sign in to the meeting about 10 minutes early to ensure you are connected in time (you will need to download the Teams app if you are connecting on a smartphone). You do NOT need a Microsoft account to join as a guest. We have a page explaining how it works, including technical details that go over how to use Microsoft Teams.
February 8, 2021, Agenda
Monday, February 8, 2021
Regular Council Meeting: 7:30 pm
On the Regular Council Meeting agenda:
- Councillor Parker from Kitselas First Nation will be requesting a letter of support for an upcoming project;
- Margaret Warcup will be asking Council to consider participating as an Intervener in a Farm Practices Protection Act Complaint against Daybreak Farms;
- Council will be considering approving a grant application to Northern Development Initiative Trust for Ferry Island trail improvements;
- Council will be receiving a 2020 fourth quarter Fire Department update;
- Council will be receiving the January 2021 building synopsis; and
- Council will be receiving the January 26, 2021, Housing Committee minutes.
We hope you’ll join in!