On Monday, February 22, 2021, there will be a regular Council meeting for the City of Terrace.
In accordance with the most recent Provincial Health Officer Order regarding gatherings and public events, the public is currently not permitted to attend Council Meetings, Public Hearings, or Committee of the Whole meetings. However, according to the Guidance for Open Meetings and Electronic Meetings under Current PHO Orders and Ministerial Order 192, local governments are encouraged to hold electronic Council meetings and public hearings. The City of Terrace will be holding our meetings electronically until further notice from the Provincial Health Officer.
Council will continue to meet in a combination of in-person and virtually to limit the number of people in Council Chambers.
How can you participate in upcoming Council meetings, public hearings, and more? In addition to the usual ability to watch for observation only through Facebook or our website, you’ll now be able to join our Microsoft Teams call if you wish to address Council directly about an item on this evening’s agenda, just as if you were there in person. We encourage you to sign in to the meeting about 10 minutes early to ensure you are connected in time (you will need to download the Teams app if you are connecting on a smartphone). You do NOT need a Microsoft account to join as a guest. We have a page explaining how it works, including technical details that go over how to use Microsoft Teams.
February 22, 2021, Agenda
Monday, February 22, 2021
Regular Council Meeting: 7:30 pm
On the Regular Council Meeting agenda:
- Residents from McConnell Crescent subdivision will be requesting that the City apply for grants to help mitigate the landslide and erosion impacting their properties;
- Council will be considering writing a letter to express concern and provide support to the City of Dawson Creek, City of Fort St. John, City of Prince George, and Northern Rockies Regional Municipality regarding a recent aeronautical study of their regional airports, and that any reductions in NAV Canada's air traffic control services or workforce adjustments could negatively impact communities throughout the region;
- Council will be considering adding Mayor Leclerc's signature to a letter from the City of Langley with regards to the safe reopening of casinos;
- Council will be reviewing a Development Variance Permit application for the property at 4720 Haugland Avenue. The applicant, the Northern Health Authority, has requested an increase to the permitted height of a principal building;
- Council will be reviewing a Temporary Use Permit application for the properties at 3740, 3760, 3800, and 3840 Jack Talstra Way. The applicant, Global Dewatering Ltd., has requested to use the subject lands for industrial work camp accommodations for a term of three years with a one-time option for renewal;
- Council will be considering two resolutions on the topics of homelessness and seniors' housing to submit to the North Central Local Government Association (NCLGA) for consideration at the NCLGA 2021 Annual General Meeting;
- Council will be considering first, second, and third reading of the 2021–2025 Financial Plan Bylaw and the COVID-19 Safe Restart Reserve Fund Bylaw;
- Council will consider repealing City of Terrace Policy No. 76 - Accepting Payments or Homeowners Grant Applications. As City staff are no longer accepting payments or Homeowner Grant Applications outside of City Hall, this policy is no longer required;
- Council will be considering amending City of Terrace Policy No. 48 - Occupational Health & Safety Committee Terms of Reference;
- Council will be considering the approval of a new Occupational Health and Safety Policy;
- Council will be considering supporting a grant application to Northern Development Initiative Trust to implement a Social Development Program, and that $15,000 from the COVID-19 Safe Restart Reserve Funds be allocated as the City's contribution towards the proposed program; and
- Council will be considering supporting a grant application to Northern Development Initiative Trust for an Investment Attraction Digital Assets project.
We hope you’ll join in!