August 8, 2022, Agenda
Monday, August 8, 2022
Public Hearing: 6:00 pm
Regular Council Meeting: 7:30 pm
*Please note both the Public Hearing and Regular Council Meeting will be broadcast on the same stream through Facebook and our website—no need to change to a different stream after the Public Hearing is over. However, there are separate Teams meetings for the Public Hearing and Regular Council Meeting.
On the Public Hearing agenda:
- Council will consider third reading and adoption of a bylaw to amend City of Terrace Zoning Bylaw by changing the zoning designation from R1 – Single Detached Residential to
R1-A – Single Detached Residential and RB1 – Bare Land Strata Single Detached Residential for the south 2.57 acres of 4007 Thomas Street, and by changing the zoning designation from R2 – Semi-Detached Residential to RB1 – Bare Land Strata Single Detached Residential for a portion of the property at 5013 Halliwell Avenue; and
- Council will consider third reading and adoption of a bylaw to amend City of Terrace Zoning Bylaw by changing the list of site specific permitted uses in the AR2 – Rural Zone by adding "Intensive Agriculture, limited to an egg production facility with a maximum capacity of 80,000 egg laying chicken hens”, as a site specific permitted use for the property at 4423 Eby Street.
On the Regular Council Meeting agenda:
- Amanda Owens from Ksan Society will be requesting a Resolution of Support for a grant application to the Northern Development Initiative Trust;
- Kitimat Taxi has requested comments regarding a proposed meter rate increase and a request to add vehicles to their fleet;
- Council will consider authorizing a budget of $116,780 from Landfill Liability to fund the landfill closure detailed design, ongoing environmental monitoring costs, and treatment system operating costs;
- Council will consider that the current approach to addressing overnight camping/temporary shelters/encampments in Terrace continue as per the current response by Bylaw/Downtown Community Safety Officer, pending further planning for and/or imminent need for an alternative response. Staff will review the need and timing for establishing designated overnight camping spaces on municipal land for persons experiencing unsheltered homelessness; and
- Council will receive the RCMP second quarter report.
How to take part
The public and media are welcome to attend our meetings in person. We also continue to use Microsoft Teams for virtual participation.
For those who want to tune in for observation only, a webcast is also available on our website or through our Facebook page. As a reminder, we cannot respond to comments on Facebook during the meeting.
How can you participate in upcoming Council meetings, public hearings, and more? You are welcome to participate in our meetings in person or virtually. Members of the public have an opportunity in the public hearing to provide their input on the topic being discussed once the Mayor calls for speakers. There is also an opportunity at the end of our regular Council meeting for the public and media to comment or ask questions about items on the regular Council meeting agenda.
If you will be participating virtually and wish to address Council, please click here to join the regular Council meeting call. We encourage you to sign in to the meeting about 10 minutes early to ensure you are connected in time (you will need to download the Teams app if you are connecting on a smartphone). You do NOT need a Microsoft account to join as a guest. We have a page explaining how it works, including technical details that go over how to use Microsoft Teams.
We hope you’ll join in!