On Monday, September 28, there will be a regular Council meeting for the City of Terrace. It will be open to the public for viewing and participation during the usual designated time at the end of the meeting. We will be starting the night with a public hearing at 7:00 pm that is also open for public viewing and participation. Please click here to learn all the ways to participate during the pandemic.
Monday, September 28 (today)
Public Hearing: 7:00 pm
Regular Council Meeting: 7:30 pm
*If you are planning to view the meeting through Facebook, please note both the public hearing and regular council meeting will be broadcast on the same stream—no need to change to a different stream after the public hearing is over.
On the public hearing agenda:
- Council will be considering passing third reading of a bylaw to amend the Zoning Bylaw for the property located at 4804 Graham Avenue. The owners are requesting the zoning change in order to accommodate a proposed 70 unit, 4-storey rental apartment development with daycare facilities and an underground parking facility.
On the regular council meeting agenda:
- A delegation from the North West Watch Society will be requesting that Council write a letter to the Federal Government with regards to a proposed increase in flammable hazardous shipments on the Northwest BC Rail Corridor;
- A delegation from the Skeena Salmon Arts Festival Society will be requesting support from the City in their application for a Communities Festival grant from Heritage Canada;
- A delegation from M'akola Development Services will be providing an update on the Greater Terrace Housing Needs Assessment;
- The Northwest Regional Airport has requested a resolution of support for their application to Northern Development Initiative Trust to upgrade their long-term parking lot;
- Council will be reviewing an application to amend the Official Community Plan and Zoning Bylaw for the property located at 5108 Jolliffe. The applicant is requesting the zoning change to permit the construction of a single detached dwelling on the property;
- Council will be reviewing an application for a Development Permit for the properties located at 3219 & 3221 Eby Street. The applicant, JTW Consulting (on behalf of the Terrace & District Community Services Society [TDCSS]), has proposed that minor improvements be made to the parking lot and landscaping at 3219 Eby Street. They have also proposed to build a 5-storey mixed-use commercial building at 3221 Eby Street, which is currently vacant. On the ground floor, this building would contain a Foundry, which is a Health Services Facility that would provide mental health counselling and referrals to primary health care and substance abuse services for youth ages 12-24. The building would also have 4 floors (43 units) of affordable seniors' housing;
- Staff will provide an update on the Northwest BC Resource Benefits Alliance negotiations;
- Council will be reviewing the 2020 Population Survey and Projections for the City of Terrace and Regional District of Kitimat-Stikine Electoral Areas C and E; and
- The Fire Chief will be seeking a resolution from Council in support of an application to the 2021 FireSmart Community Funding & Supports and Crown Land Wildfire Risk Reduction Streams.
We hope you’ll join in!