March 22, 2021, Agenda
Monday, March 22, 2021
Regular Council Meeting: 7:30 pm
On the Regular Council Meeting agenda:
- The Regional District of Kitimat-Stikine has requested a letter of support for their grant application to UBCM's Strengthening Communities' Services Program for a First Nations Liaison;
- Council will be considering slight amendments made to their resolution to the North Central Local Government Association (NCLGA) regarding Housing Models for Seniors;
- Council will be discussing the proposed changes to NCLGA's membership fee structure for 2022;
- Council will be reviewing a Development Permit application for the properties at 4840 & 4842 Lazelle Avenue, and 3220 Munroe Street. The applicants, Ksan House Society and M'akola Housing Society, will be developing a 22-unit apartment building for second stage housing for women and children;
- Council will be reviewing a Development Variance Permit application for the property at 4004 Temple Street. The applicant would like to construct an attached garage with a second-floor secondary suite. They have requested an increase to the maximum gross floor area of the secondary suite;
- Council will be appointing the Chief Election Officer and Deputy Chief Election Officer for the upcoming by-election;
- Council will be reviewing proposed downtown public washroom options and locations;
- Council will be discussing the Birch Hill Avenue repairs; and
- Council will review the 2020 Fire Department Year End report and the February 2021 Building Synopsis.
- Addendum: Councillor Bujtas will discuss the immediate infrasturcture needs in the City of Terrace.
How to take part
In accordance with the most recent Provincial Health Officer Order regarding gatherings and public events, the public is currently not permitted to attend Council Meetings, Public Hearings, or Committee of the Whole meetings. However, according to the Guidance for Open Meetings and Electronic Meetings under Current PHO Orders and Ministerial Order 192, local governments are encouraged to hold electronic Council meetings and public hearings. The City of Terrace will be holding our meetings electronically until further notice from the Provincial Health Officer.
Council will continue to meet in a combination of in-person and virtually to limit the number of people in Council Chambers.
How can you participate in upcoming Council meetings, public hearings, and more? In addition to the usual ability to watch for observation only through Facebook or our website, you’ll now be able to join our Microsoft Teams call if you wish to address Council directly about an item on this evening’s agenda, just as if you were there in person. We encourage you to sign in to the meeting about 10 minutes early to ensure you are connected in time (you will need to download the Teams app if you are connecting on a smartphone). You do NOT need a Microsoft account to join as a guest. We have a page explaining how it works, including technical details that go over how to use Microsoft Teams.
We hope you’ll join in!