April 26, 2021, Agenda
Monday, April 26, 2021
Regular Council Meeting: 7:30 pm
On the Regular Council Meeting agenda:
- Betty Barton from Terrace Little Theatre will be requesting a letter of support for their grant applications to Northern Development Initiative Trust and the Terrace Community Foundation;
- Council will be discussing the next steps regarding Minister McKenna's response to Council's invitation to visit the City of Terrace about immediate infrastructure needs;
- Council will be reviewing an application from Sherwood Mountain Brewhouse Ltd. to amend their Brewery Lounge Endorsement Area License. This amendment would allow the applicant to complete the structural changes necessary to expand the liquor service area to an adjoining space in the same building; Unit 103;
- Council will be reviewing a Development Variance Permit application for the property at 4703 Scott Avenue. The applicant is requesting a variance to increase the maximum height permitted for a fence in their front yard from 1.2 m to 1.53 m, and from 1.2 m to 1.85 m on their south property line;
- Council will be reviewing a Zoning Bylaw amendment application for the property at 2703 Braun Street. The applicant is requesting to rezone the property to permit the subdivision of 3 residential lots fronting on to Haugland Avenue;
- Council will be considering first, second, and third reading of the 2021 Tax Rates Bylaw, as well as receiving a 2020 year-end financial update;
- Staff are recommending that Council consider using a portion of the COVID-19 Safe Restart funds to allow for the purchase of miscellaneous items in response to the pandemic, and to adjust the funding source for the purchase of one Portland Loo;
- Council will be considering applying to the Local Government Development Approvals Program to provide overall grant management and implement grant-supported improvements to permitting processes for development in the City;
- Council will be considering approving the attendance for any interested Councillor to attend the virtual Indigenous Partnerships Success Showcase 2021 on May 28 and June 4;
- Council will be considering approving the Mutual Aid Agreement with the Regional District of Kitimat-Stikine, District of Kitimat, and the City of Terrace; and
- Council will be receiving the Fire Chief's 2021 Fire Department First Quarter Report.
How to take part
In accordance with the most recent Provincial Health Officer Order regarding gatherings and public events, the public is currently not permitted to attend Council Meetings, Public Hearings, or Committee of the Whole meetings. However, according to the Guidance for Open Meetings and Electronic Meetings under Current PHO Orders and Ministerial Order 192, local governments are encouraged to hold electronic Council meetings and public hearings. The City of Terrace will be holding our meetings electronically until further notice from the Provincial Health Officer.
Council will continue to meet in a combination of in-person and virtually to limit the number of people in Council Chambers.
How can you participate in upcoming Council meetings, public hearings, and more? In addition to the usual ability to watch for observation only through Facebook or our website, you’ll now be able to join our Microsoft Teams call if you wish to address Council directly about an item on this evening’s agenda, just as if you were there in person. We encourage you to sign in to the meeting about 10 minutes early to ensure you are connected in time (you will need to download the Teams app if you are connecting on a smartphone). You do NOT need a Microsoft account to join as a guest. We have a page explaining how it works, including technical details that go over how to use Microsoft Teams.
We hope you’ll join in!