Based on the latest recommendations from the provincial government, the City of Terrace will move to the next step in re-opening the Ferry Island Campground. Smart, safe, and respectful travel is now permitted in BC, so Ferry Island Campground is now open for all Canadian residents.
Here are some important things you need to know if you want to camp:
- The person reserving the site must be planning to camp—reserving sites for others will not be permitted.
- Identification will be required on arrival. Anyone showing up without identification or who does not live in Canada will not be allowed to camp.
- Registration will take place outdoors by debit or cash only.
Permitted Site Users:
- Campers may be in self-contained units (trailers, motor homes, etc) or tents.
- Only one self-contained unit or tent will be allowed per site.
- The washrooms/showers will be open for campers only.
- Guests must maintain the two-metre physical distancing from any other campground guests who are not in the same household or within their bubble.
For the safety of all guests, the campground operator will be wearing gloves and wiping the debit machine after use. Hand sanitizer will be available. In addition, we will be regularly disinfecting the washrooms, water taps, garbage can lids, and the outhouses that remain open for walkers. After campers check out, the operator will wipe down picnic tables to get ready for the next guests.
As always, please stay home if you're sick and be sure to follow recommendations regarding masks, hand-washing, and other good hygiene practices. Thanks for your co-operation and understanding.