The $8.8 Million Terrace and District Aquatic Centre Renewal Project has reached its half-way point.
Significant improvement is already starting to show throughout the building. Here's a short recap of some of the work that has been done so far:
- The new family change room has had significant retrofitting done. The behind-the-scenes work is nearly completed, and the room is almost ready for details such as tiling, showers, and locker installation.
- The new fitness room addition has seen a huge improvement. This picture shows the frame of the addition and makes it easy to envision how nice a new, larger fitness room will be.
- Ceiling refinishing and painting has made for a huge improvement in the look of the building over the course of the project. The roof beams have an attractive finish and the white decking between the beams will allow the room a much brighter appearance.
- The lap pool has undergone extensive changes including accessibility ramp installation, gutter replacement, coloured lighting additions, and more.
- The stairs have been relocated, giving the entrance foyer a much more open and appealing atmosphere that will make for better viewing and security.
These are only a few of the changes that are being made.
The project has had a couple of unforeseen setbacks that have pushed the estimated opening date to March. Project managers are working hard to make sure that the project is completed in a timely manner.