City of Terrace has a windrow and driveway snow removal program for senior citizens and physically disabled homeowners with costs incurred from hiring a service provider to remove snow from their driveways.
To qualify, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Own and occupy the property on which the application is made.
- Be 65 years of age or more at the date of application OR be permanently confined to a wheelchair, restricted to the permanent use of crutches or braces, or otherwise be permanently disabled in such a way as to restrict physical mobility.
- Not have any able bodied persons under the age of 65 residing at this property.
- Not have claimed a credit on any other property for the same winter season.
- Not live in a condominium dwelling whereby all snow removal is the direct responsibility of the condominium corporation.
The physically disabled applicant (under 65) must provide one of the following:
- Medical proof from a Canadian Regulated Health Practitioner using the attached medical form, or
- A copy of the Accessible Parking Permit issued by SPARC.
Qualifying applicants of a residential property can receive a rebate of 50% up to a maximum of $250.00 per winter(subject to demand).
Applicant must submit the completed Application Form to the City before being eligible for this program.
To receive a rebate, the applicant must fill out the Reimbursement Form and ensure signatures and/or receipts are obtained from their service provider.
If you meet all five (5) criteria listed above, fill out the application form and send it to the City of Terrace, Public Works Department