Economic development for Terrace is a suite of strategies, projects and programs that will support the quality of life and resiliency of our community. Economic development is focused on the foundational elements of business retention and expansion, investment attraction, sector development and related areas of workforce and community development. The City’s goal is to set the tone, to be inclusive, take leadership and to be an advocate for well-informed strategies in these key areas.
The top five priority objectives for economic development are:
- Work with neighboring First Nations and other communities to develop a coordinated and diversified economy.
- Support and incent a thriving downtown.
- Facilitate the development of the Skeena Industrial Development Park as an economic driver.
- Support local business growth, retention and entrepreneurial success.
- Work collaboratively with Kermodei Tourism and other organizations to support the continued growth of tourism in the City and region.
City of Terrace Economic Development Office